Whether or not I am prepping for a show, I would say that I generally keep my diet on point. I try not to make too many excuses as to why it would be okay to splurge with food i.e. holiday parties, dinner dates etc…Thanksgiving is just around the corner so I thought I would put together a few tips for some healthy alternatives for classic Thanksgiving dishes. These are perfect for those of you on a diet or just trying to avoid feeling like a whale the day after Thanksgiving. I know around the holiday’s there are times that you just want to go crazy and eat everything buuuuutt you can avoid that perpetual New Year’s resolution of trying to lose 15 pounds if you incorporate healthier options even on big holidays. Hope you give some a try!!
Obviously already pretty healthy... ‘nough said.
- Substituting cauliflower for mashed potatoes which can obtain a very similar creamy consistency. (recipe link below)
- If mashed potatoes or cauliflower aren’t really your thing, try cubed sweet potatoes baked with cinnamon and pecans instead.
- Cranberry sauce from actual cranberries. Turkey is not the same without cranberry sauce but the one from a can is full of junk! Try simmering cranberries with orange juice to make your own! So much better!
- Substitute quinoa for stuffing to make a delicious alternative for the bread crumbs. (recipe link below)
- Instead of a green bean casserole try doing roasted asparagus to switch it up! I like mine with rosemary, pepper, and lemon.
- Need that pumpkin fix! Try serving Artic Zero in the flavor Pumpkin Spice. Only 150 calories a pint and delicious! Or you could serve Vanilla Artic Zero with caramelized apples or fresh fruit as a dessert alternative.
Artic Zero- Pumpkin Spice